Friday, August 1, 2008

Sometimes Things Don't Go To Plan..Pt1

I was supposed to be a child actor by the time I hit 13. Honestly… I was on my way. I had just completed a play in the 6th grade. “Once Upon A Midnight Dreary and I was the lead. From there I was asked to audition for a film called “The Great Circle Race”. It was an educational math film. (haha, I was never good in math even with a script). I was bitten by the acting bug early and couldn’t get enough. I practiced interviews in the mirror as a child for movies that I would be staring in. There was one interview I used to do over and over. I was staring in the new James Bond movie. “When Black Goes Bad”…..The movie would’ve been great. It starred me and Keisha Knight Pulliam aka Rudy from The Cosby Show… Jaleel White aka Urkel from Family Matters was the evil Dr. Ticklemeslow. And Hilary from Fresh Prince was the evil, but seductive Miss Pink Cookies… I would sit in my room looking in the mirror practicing for opening night.” So how does it feel to be the 1st black James Bond” I said, then I would say…”It feels great. I’m looking forward to bringing something new to the franchise. Then I would say.” I hear you’re already signed on to do another one .What’s the title of the next 007 film”?.. I responded ever so smoothly. ”It’s called “I Don’t Want 5 On The Black Hand Side”. Now I know what you’re thinking. Why am I at a desk doing customer service when it’s so clear that I’m destined for something far greater? Sometimes things don’t to go plan and you gotta play with the hand you’re dealt. Right now, I got 2 and a possible… I’M STILL IN THE GAME!

No comments: