Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shake What Your Momma Gave Ya

As we get older, some of our views change. We try to put away childish things and gravitate to newer adult things. Our mindset and just ideas in general about life change as we get older. Sometimes our goals are even changed or better yet, become modified. As for me I’ve noticed these changes and new goals and I embrace them. One of my new goals in life, is too keep my little girl off the pole. That’s right, the pole, people. It’s all over America. It’s goal is to have every woman at some point or another in the their young lives, thinking about it or dare I say…. Swing from it. Don’t underestimate the pole or your daughter for one moment and say” No, no, no, no, Moiba, not my baby, she won’t be swinging from no pole”. Many have made the mistake and given their own daughter dollars that were not for good grades, but for good dancing. Then they realize “Becky”, is that you? OH MY GOD!! (true story, I think. haha). Yes folks I accept this goal, with great fear and trembling but nonetheless, I accept it. I know women. Sounds cocky, but I do. I know they like to dress up and feel wanted, desired, and more importantly, appreciated. But you don’t need a pole for that. My little girl loves to dance and play, but when I saw her do the splits I quickly ran and scooped her up and told her firmly…”NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”.. You only do the splits if you’re trying out for the part of a ninja in an action film or your going to the Olympics to represent the China gymnastic team.( them girls didn’t look a day over 10 years old). So in the words of John Mayer. “Fathers be good to your daughters” and “teach them to NOT, shake what your momma gave ya!!!!!”

1 comment:

ART said...

your funny as always but you teach more in your jokes then you know all these things are true and im praying for you in your journey to keep your little girl away from what i would like to call B.E.Tism

love you bro