Friday, July 11, 2008

Knowing is Half The Battle....GIJOE!!!!!!!

Coming up as a kid there were so many cartoons to watch. I remember trying to hurry up and get home from school just so that I didn’t miss any. Two of my favorites had to be GIJOE and He-Man. It was like the best hour of television in the world. At the end of every episode of He-Man and GIJOE, they would have some life lesson for us kids. The messages would range from “Don’t talk to strangers” , “fighting is not the answer” to lift the seat up when you pee”. You know, important things. Those little messages probably helped somewhat in my upbringing. After all that shooting and fighting on GIJOE, they would then tell us not to fight at the end of the show. That’s GENIUS!! What if they had those positive messages after some of our primetime shows or music videos. Imagine if right after a hip hop artist video like Lil Wayne (the boy is mean) was done, he comes up on the screen. “Hi. I’m Lil Wayne also know as Weazy” .” I know you just saw me tossing money in the air at that fine girl who only had on a piece of string, but please don’t liter like I just did. “Lets all save the planet”. “And that cup that I kept drinking from in the video, it’s not what you think. It’s milk and it does a body good”. Then every young wanna be rapper would be drinking milk and picking up trash. Or what if after a show like the The Sopranos, James Gandolfini (Tony) appears and says.” Hey boys and girls and grown folks”. “In tonight’s episode I slept with my 2 mistresses and killed 3 people.(That’s 5 big problems and the wife ain’t one...Hit me!!!) Now boys and girls you shouldn’t sleep around and shoot people. It don’t mix. You could end up in jail or worst, end up with a burning sensation down below.” I think the world could use these types of Public Service Messages after every show. It’s important that you know some of these things. After all, knowing is half the battle…GIJOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: