Monday, June 16, 2008

That's All I'ma Say About That... pt1...

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name”. I love that song, because it holds alot of truth to it. We all would like to fit in. Sometimes we go about it the wrong way. I’m looking for schools for my son and realize he’s gonna have to fit in. My freshman year in high school was spent trying to fit in. From the talent shows, to my crush on QB, it was all about fitting in. It’s 4th period in Mr. Roland’s class. He had a talk box in his throat, so I used to call him Zapp. (Sorry, but I did). I had just come back from a bathroom break and noticed my pencil was gone. I asked who took my pencil. Quentin the resident class clown/ cool dude/d-boy pointed and said “he did. He pointed to Adam, the big corn fed country prep football white boy. Now I could’ve just got another pencil, but this trifling voice in my head said” DON’T BE A PUNK, GET THAT PENCIL”. I went to him and said” that’s my pencil”. He looked at me puzzled and said” dude I don’t have your pencil”.

This was the perfect time to reconsider my position on the pencil debate until I Quentin said “man he stole your pencil and punked you out”. At this point Zapp chimed in with “Settle down class”. Mustapha, I don’t want any trouble out of you”. His computerized voice always made me like he was taking my order in the drive through or something. I sat down in my chair pencil less and noticed the alleged pencil thief had his feet on my chair, and to make matters voice here was Quentin again with “oooh, you’re a punk. “He took yo pencil and now he’s got his feet on your chair.” I don’t know why I did this, but I figured it’s now or never to prove I ain’t no punk. I took another pencil and stabbed Adam in the leg. Not my proudest moment, but I thought I needed to make a name for myself. Like a new inmate who does want to get punked during his time in prison, I figured this bootleg shank would establish my name for the next four years in this school, but it didn’t quite work out they way I planned. He’s yells…”what the hell is wrong with you”?. I’m thinking the same thing what is wrong with me, but instead I said “you’re gonna see when we get outside”. The bell rings for lunch. At this point I could’ve just walked the other way and went to lunch, but I was never one to sell wolf tickets. I tapped him on the back as he headed towards the lunch room and said” what was all that &*(&*^) you were talking...He turned around slowly and hit me……That’s all I’ma say about that……………………………………..To be continued.

No comments: