Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thats All I'ma Say About That..pt2!!! Conclusion

Now getting beat up is one thing but with the people I hung around, getting beat up by a white boy is grounds for torment and ridicule. As he swung and hit me I doubled back and tried to find my footing. Surprisingly his punch was more like a poke in the eye. As I tried to gather myself he rushed me. There we were. Black and white, fighting with years of racial tension deep in our hearts. Only we were not fighting over racial equality, or a girl like Paul and Micheal. It was over a number 2 pencil. I don’t think this was part Dr. King’s dream. The gravel in my back began to hurt. I’m trying to keep a mental score in my head about which one of us was winning and I knew that it was my opponent. He had connected on his initial punch (sucker punch) and then rushed me, so by my scorecard, he was up. I could see the footsteps heading toward us from the ground and could hear the computerized voice yelling” YOU TWO STOP THAT FIGHTING”. Zapp was angry. The angrier he got, the more he sounded like Darth Vader. Other teachers came and grabbed us. I’m still thinking about the scorecard and realized that I needed to do something to atleast get a point in before the match would be called. As Adam layed pinned on the ground by teachers, I kicked him in the face. All I heard was “OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH” and that was enough to know that I had at least got an approval point from the judges. Now as we sat side by side in the principal’s office with busted lips and blackened eyes, I realized all this was done to fit in. If I got to get a busted eye to fit in then I’ll pass from now on. We both spoke and actually apologized to each other. It was no surprise but I was suspended for 3 days and to make matters worse, the results had come back. Adam had won and it was all over school that I got beat up. I went back to Mr. Roland’s class(aka Zapp) and he said “SIT DOWN”..(I gotta put it in all caps so u can imagine the computerized voice). “ SON, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING.. I didn’t like the way that sounded and it was just me and him in the classroom. I said..”what is it?”…

He stuck out his hand and gave me a number 2 pencil that kinda looked familiar. He said ”THIS IS THE PENCIL YOU LEFT ON MY DESK WHEN U WENT TO THE RESTROOM AND THEN YOU CAME BACK AND ACCUSED ADAM OF TAKING IT…. I slowly began to put it all together and said” so that means” then Zapp interrupted and said “THAT’S RIGHT SON!! YOU GOT YO A$$ BEAT OVER THE WRONG PENCIL!!!!!!!!!

No comments: